The Bands take over TV land
During my concert lull I’ve had a chance to have some apartment concerts of my own. OK, so it’s not really a concert since it’s on TV, but I have been able to hear some great bands from the comfort of my living room. Here’s the scoop:
- The Strokes are back! And they played SNL last week. I’m looking forward to their new album on March 22. They put on a great show at Austin City Limits in October, but most of it was older stuff so who knows what the new sound will be. Here’s the sneak preview they gave us on SNL.
- The Avett Brothers, Arcade Fire and Mumford & Sons appeared at the Grammys. What is happening in this world?? Never thought I would hear any of those bands in the same sentence as Grammy. It’s great for the bands, but I now have visions of many, many sold-out concerts in my future : (
And, at this time, I would like to award Seth Avett with the “Best Grammy Makeover” Award. Please see below:
- Florence (minus the Machine) has been making the rounds. First, she appeared as one of the power singers in the Aretha Franklin Grammy Tribute. Then two weeks later, Florence stepped in for Dido to perform “If I Rise” from the Academy Award-nominated 127 Hours. It’s looking like a good year for Florence + The Machine. Tickets for their Central Park Summerstage performance in June have already sold out!
- In soundtrack news, The New Porographers have supplied NBC’s new sitcom Perfect Couples with its catchy theme song. Check it out:
- And in other New Pornographer News, the recent Kindle ad features the band’s “Sweet Talk Sweet Talk”
Filed under: news | Leave a Comment
Tags: florence + the machine, mumford & sons, summerstage, the avett brothers, the strokes